Thursday, September 13, 2012

A is for Angel (Weeping Angels that is)

So I've joined another challenge with Llama Nails, check them out on Facebook here . Essentially, each week we do a design inspired by a letter in the alphabet. I've decided to challenge myself one step further and do alphabetical and Doctor Who inspired nails. So for the first week I present A is for Angel. In Doctor Who there are these terrifying villains called the Weeping Angels. Basically if you are looking at them they are stone and harmless. Once you blink or turn your back they attack. Scary... Anyway, I immediately thought of stone and have wanted to try water marbling for a while so why not give creepy dark marbling a try? It did not turn out well. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it was a disaster. See photos.
After cleaning up that mess I thought I'd try a simpler marbling technique by sponge painting my nails and then free handing some folded angel wings onto the edges. These turned out much better.
One of these days I'll have enough time to clean up my nails before I take pictures and I'll use a better camera. For now, this is what we get. Anyway, check out any of the other folks doing this challenge here: Check in next week for the letter B.

No comments:

Post a Comment