Monday, September 10, 2012

Monkey See Monkey Do Monday: Galaxy Nails with my own Geeky Twist

So for the Monkey See Monkey Do Mondays from Crumpet Nail Tarts I decided to copy another design I've seen everywhere, but specifically used the tutorial on http://polishandpearls.com/how-to-galaxy-nails/ the Galaxy nail. I am in love with this design!! It's so simple and easy and looks amazing! I then added a bit of my own geeky flair to the accent nail. I've recently started watching Doctor Who (I'm on Season 3 don't give me any spoilers. And I'm crushed about Rose and dislike Martha with a passion.) Anyhoo...I decided what better thing to have floating around in the galaxy then a TARDIS!! I started by painting all by the accent nail with Revlon's Knockout, then sponged on 3 colors from SinfulColors (Bartels was having a 2 for $3 sale!) I started with Cinderella for the light blue with a bit of sparkle, then Daredevil for the hot pink center of the nebula, then Let Me Go for the iridescent purple/green. I then topped those with Revlon's Stunning for a simple glitter to add some stars. For the TARDIS accent nail I used Revlon's Mysterious (an excellent bright blue) and freehanded the doors and windows with black and white nail pens. This mani's staying on for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment